Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Chili and Cornbread

One of  my New Years resolutions is to make healthy delicious meals for my family.  I don't want it to take me all day, but I do want to do a lot of it myself.
Tonight I made chili and cornbread.  I get most of my recipes from allrecipes.com. We really liked the chili which I did in the slow cooker, recipe to follow.  However the cornbread tasted of baking soda and salt, (you don't want the recipe).
We had enough chili for diner tonight, lunch tomorrow, I also put enough in the freezer for another dinner later in the month.

                                                                        Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired.
HAPPY EATING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment